Title: The Virtues of Dhikr (The virtues of the frequent mention of Allah and his messenger).
By: Ibrahim Al-Tamimy
Location: The Jursgens centre, Englefield Green, Egham TW20 0QR
Hafiz Ibn Qayyim (RA), a well-known Muhadith (A scholar of traditions), has written an authentic book, ‘Al-Waabilus Sayyib’, on the virtues of Zikr, which are more than one hundred and he has listed seventy nine of these, which . Some of these include multiple benefits, in that case their actual number exceeds more than one hundred: Listed below are just some of the benefits.
1) Zikr keeps away the Shaytan and weakens his strength.
2) It is the cause of Almighty Allah Ta’ala’s pleasure.
3) It relieves the mind from anxieties and worries.
4) It produces joy and happiness in the heart.
5) It strengthens the body and mind.
6) It brightens the face and heart.
7) It attracts one’s sustenance.
8) It invests the Zâkirs with awe and sweetness so that the beholder is filled with awe and pleasure at his sight.
9) It induces love for Allah Ta’ala, which in fact is the spirit of Islam and the pivot of Deen (religion), and the source of success and salvation in the Hereafter. He who seeks access to the love of Almighty Allah Ta’ala should do Zikr profusely. Just as reading and repetition is the door of knowledge, so Zikr of Allah Ta’ala is the gateway of His love.
10) Zikr involves Muraqabah (transcendental meditation) through which one reaches the stage of Ihsân, wherein a person worships Almighty Allah Ta’ala as if he is actually seeing Him.
The Khutbah is avalable from here