Currently browsing tag

Sheikh Abdul Hamid Lachporia

What is the purpose of your life?

By Sheikh Abdul Hamid Lachporia
“We may live for 60 to 100 years on this Doonya, but we are going to spend  many, many years in eternity Insha’ Allah. This is the warm-up – the dress rehearsal. We were created by Almighty Allah Subhanahu Wata’ala for Him, and until we figure that out, life is a series of problems: ..”

O Beloved Hujjaj

By Sheikh Abdul Hamid Lachporia
“When you remove your designer clothes and put on your Ihram, cast of your attitude, your ego, your arrogance, racism and chauvinism. When you perform the Tawaaf feel part of that ocean of faithful going in waves around the Ka’bah. Consider the majesty of Almighty Allah Most Exalted and realize that you too are part of the infinity of zeroes that is totally dependant on Him. When you pray at the station of Nabee Ibrahim A.S. [Maqami Ibrahim] wonder about his status, impact and influence on world history. ..”

Lessons from history: Genghis Khan and the Mongols

By Sheikh Abdul Hamid Lachporia
” In his anger the prince told Jamal that a dog was worth more than a Persian. Jamal  replied, “Yes. If we did not have the true faith, we would indeed be worse than  dogs.” Tuqluq was struck by the reply. He inquired what Jamal meant by the true  faith. When Jamal explained the message of Islam Tuqluq was convinced…”

The Night of a Thousand Months

By Sheikh Abdul Hamid Lachporia
“Beloved Ummatal Muslimeen! “Laylatul Qadr” means the Night of Grandeur, Excellence and Honour. Amongst the nights of Ramadan there is this Most Holy Night called “Laylatul Qadr”  a night that is noted for its Glory and great blessings. The Holy Qura’n describes it as being greater in blessedness and spiritual virtue than a thousand months which in turn means that it is greater than 83 years …”

Zakaat, Riba and the love of wealth

By Sheikh Abdul Hamid Lachporia
“It must be made very clear that Zakah is not a tax. I repeat, not a tax but an act of worship and, like other acts of worship, it is solely for the Pleasure of Almighty Allah. Soundness of intention is a necessity at the time of the payment of Zakah for it is a major act of Ibadat.  Like all other acts of Ibadat, it is solely for Almighty Allah…”

Ramadan: The Heartbeat of Islam

By Sheikh Abdul Hamid Lachporia
“We must have our bearings right, the right sense of destination, the right navigational equipment, and an inbuilt system of correcting the course and raising an alarm, in case one begins to zigzag or go dangerously astray. The Most holy and auspicious month of Ramadan helps to define our limits [Hudood] and is a powerful social vehicle to help us through the Month that Almighty Allah Most Beneficent and Merciful has claimed for Himself…”

Ready for Ramadan?

By Sheikh Abdul Hamid Lachporia
“O you who believe! Instead of telling Almighty Allah what we want, we should try to ask what it is that He wants for us, or wants us to do, in each situation. Sometimes He gives a very clear indication of what it is He wants us to do through inner conviction, through a verse of the Most Holy Qur’an, or an insight given through another person. When we are less certain, we can pray for what seems to be the best solution, acknowledging that Almighty Allah’s wisdom is perfect…

→ 11 May 2017

By Sheikh Abdul Hamid Lachporia
“No where in the Bible or in the Torah will you find Almighty God saying to Prophet Moosa (Moses – Peace be upon him) or to the Bani Isra’eel that their religion is Judaism. Similarly, nowhere in the Bible will you find Almighty God telling Prophet Esa Alayhis Salaam (Jesus Christ) or his followers that their religion will be called Christianity. All the Prophets (Alayhim Salaam) called the people to surrender their will to the Will of Almighty Allah – which is Islam – and to warn people to stay away from the false gods of human imagination directed to any person, place or thing other than the Glorious Creator and Sustainer…”

A Sha’baan Message from the Heart

By Abdul Hamid Lachporia
“Never tell your problems to anyone…20% don’t care and the other 80% are glad you have them. Don’t count the days, make the days count. Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to Almighty Allah Rabbul Ala’meen. It is the love of Almighty Allah Subhanahu Wata’ala that unblocks the coldness, the bitterness, the ache of bereavement, the pain of loneliness and rejection, the resentment of our ill treatment by others. ..”